SDCC Achieves 100% of the Gatsby Benchmarks
We are delighted to announce that our Careers and Employability Manager, Mrs Trezona, was presented with a certificate by the Careers and Enterprise Company for achieving 100% of the careers Benchmarks.
The Benchmarks are a National Standard that all schools and colleges must be working towards. They define what world-class careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision within schools.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance are:
1. A stable careers programme
2. Learning from career and labour market information
3. Addressing the needs of each pupil
4. Linking curriculum learning to careers
5. Encounters with employers and employees
6. Experiences of workplaces
7. Encounters with further and higher education
8. Personal guidance
In the last Ofsted inspection the inspectors noted that ‘Careers advice is woven carefully into the curriculum from Year 7. Leaders ensure that pupils benefit from advice that is sequenced logically, including for those who continue into the sixth form. As pupils get older, the advice and support they get is more specific.’
Well done Mrs Trezona.