College tucks into Healthy Eating Week
To mark National Healthy Eating Week, Stoke Damerel Community College is holding a range of events and activities.
National Healthy Eating Week is run by the British Nutrition Foundation (BNF). This year, the organisation is focusing on five themes across the week:
- Know the facts – information, advice and myth busting
- Make a healthier choice – tips and tools to make better choices
- Plan for success – ways to plan healthier meals and menus
- Be the chef – how to cook healthier options, with links to recipes and ideas
- Keep moving – promoting the importance of being active for health.
In school, we will be having:
- Assemblies all week
- Display board in the street with posters and healthy recipe cards for students to take home
- Healthy eating lesson at the start of every PE lesson, followed by some physical challenges
- Food technology students will be cooking healthy recipes all week, using recipe cards handed out in advance to allow them to prepare (see below).
For those who would like to try out more delicious healthy recipes, the Food Fact of Life website also has lots of recipes to choose from.
We are highlighting one mouth-watering BNF recipe each day this week for you to try:
Wednesday: Fruit wedges - view recipe
We are also encouraging students to email in any photos of healthy recipes they have made during the week to go on display in the street and on the website - please email these to Miss Le Page at email@example.com