Apply for School Meals
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life and it can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn.
If you have a child attending Stoke Damerel Community College and you receive certain benefits, you may be entitled to claim free school meals.
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits, Please apply for your child’s Free School Meal
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
It is of great benefit for the College if you are entitled to free school meals as we receive extra school funding for all children who qualify - you can read here how we use that money, which is called Pupil Premium funding, here.